Tag Archive: rumors for iphone 6
The french blog, nowhereelse.fr, made this infographic that shares with us all the rumors surrounding the iPhone 6. With the help of iDownloadblog, AppleInsider and BGR, Nowhereelse was able to weigh each rumor with the likelihood that we will see it on the iPhone 6.
Based on the infographic above, the following rumors have greater than 75% chance and will most likely be on the iPhone 6.
- 4.7″ screen size (100%)
- 1704 x 960 screen resolution (75%)
- better front facing camera (75%)
- improved Touch ID sensor (85%)
- over 1GB of RAM (80%)
- ultra slim iPod touch like design (95%)
These blogs have concluded that although we don’t know too much information about the specifics of the iPhone 6, we will likely see an iPhone with a larger display, improved internal components and a complete redesign.
Every year Apple announces a new iPhone, whether it be an upgraded model (#S) or a re-designed model (#), and this year is a re-designed iPhone year. The iPhone 6 is not only wanted, but it is expected. There are many rumors about it, ranging from realistic (larger display) to unrealistic (curved glass). This guide will give you the most up-to-date information about the iPhone 6, updated 02/12/2014.
The iPhone 6
- sapphire display that is thinner and stronger than previous models (GottaBeMobile, Latin Post, 9to5Mac, South China Morning Post)
- 2 models: 4.5 to 4.7-inch display (386 or 440 pixels per inch) and 5.5-inch display (401 or 510 pixels per inch) (GottaBeMobile, Wall Street Journal, KGI Securities, DisplaySearch, Huffington Post, South China Morning Post, LEDinside)
- higher resolution display (me, DisplaySearch, South China Morning Post)
- display with “glass that curves downward at the edges” (Bloomberg), but not a “curved” display (Wall Street Journal, South China Morning Post)
- bezel-free display prototype (The Korea Herald)
Two models will be available: 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch.
Here are some recently leaked images of the proposed iPhone 6:
This image shows a probable prototype for the iPhone 6. The back of the device (top) has an Apple logo, FCC information, cut out for dual-LED flash (found on iPhone 5s) and camera. The front shows a larger display (around 5.25 inches diagonally), Touch ID on the Home button and thin bezels.
Here’s another close up of the iPhone 6. This device prominently shows Touch ID on the Home button, the lightning port, the cut outs for the speakers, microphone and headphone jack. Also, the design is very similar to the iPad air and iPad mini.
- health and fitness tracking integration
- Healthbook (new app made by Apple)
- integration with iWatch
For the latest iPhone 6 rumors, check out our iPhone 6 Rumors page and see Rumors for everything else.