The Apple Watch can already do so much: open hotel rooms, show lyric information, answer phone calls, etc.
When the Apple Watch was shown off at the “Spring Forward” event on March 9th, Kevin Lynch took us through almost a “day in the life of Apple Watch” to help us see how beneficial the watch would be. He went over a few of the features that were designed by Apple, like using Siri, and a few created by developers.
Here’s everything he showed off:
- Important notifications: boarding pass with Passbook, hotel information like Apple Watch room key, confirmation number, check-in/-out time, etc. with Starwood Hotels
- Glances: stock market, business information, sports scores, top trending on Twitter, flight information for upcoming trips
- Siri: weather, reminders,
- Apps: WeChat (reply with text message or stickers), Instagram (view recent photos, more information and like photos), Uber (request car, view car and driver information, reminders), Shazam (song identification and lyrics), Messages (read and reply with dictation as voice or as text, quick replies or emoji), Alarm.com (view house information, unlock front door, garage door, update thermostat, etc.)
- Fitness: stand up reminders
- Apple Pay
- Communication: phone calls (answer on watch, reply with message, send to iPhone), communicate with friends (call, send a message, Digital Touch)
- Customizations: change watch face with force press
In addition, Kevin said that the Apple Watch can communicate with the iPhone either over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
This is just the beginning for the Apple Watch. The possibilities are really endless and the team at Apple is just getting started. With the creative minds of developers, the watch will completely change the way we live.