For the first time ever, Apple has allowed the public to beta test unreleased iOS updates. Developers still have access first, but public beta testers don’t need to pay anything to test new software. In this guide, we will show you how to sign up for the program for iOS.
To sign up, you’ll need a computer and your iOS device.
1. On your computer, go to the Apple Beta Software Program website (click here)
2. Click “Sign In” on the top right
3. Enter your information and sign in
4. Click “Enroll your devices to receive beta updates“
Make sure that iOS is highlighted and not OS X.
5. Backup your device and Archive the backup
Plug your iOS device into your computer, back it up and then Archive your backup (iTunes Preference –> Devices –> right click backup –> Archive –> OK)
6. On your device, go to appleseed.apple.com/profile
On your iOS device, head to the website above and tap “Download Profile” and follow the onscreen prompts.
7. On your device, download the Software Update
Go to the Settings app –> General –> Software Update